Buying a car is one of the more significant investments you’ll make in your life, regardless of whether you purchase it new or used. Of course, when you’re at the dealership looking for your new vehicle, the barrage of options can get a little bit bewildering, and it’s possible that you may miss one that is useful.
If you neglected to include Bluetooth functionality in your vehicle when you first purchased it, you might be kicking yourself for your short-sightedness. It is also possible that the previous owner of a second-hand car did not opt for Bluetooth, which leaves you in the same position, but there is a way to fix that issue.
Bluetooth can be incredibly helpful for any driver, and you shouldn't have to do without it just because it didn't come included with your vehicle when it was first assembled. Finding the best Bluetooth car kit is widely considered to be the most reliable way to add Bluetooth to a car with which it didn't come included.
Of course, you are still faced with the problem of finding the best hands-free Bluetooth car kit, and it is not as if you can just walk into a store and try them all out. As with many other electronics, the only way to be sure that you're getting the best product for the money is through reviews.
This is why we have decided to publish this buying guide in which we will be going over five of the top options when it comes to finding the best Bluetooth handsfree car kit. By the end of this article, you will likely know exactly which model you need depending on your budget and application.
You may be wondering why we have chosen to review as many as five products, and it is so that our readers can be more likely to find the right product. Since everyone has different needs, a wider selection means that we can find products that are specialized in a wide range of applications.
For example, our reviews will be split into two parts as we look for the best Bluetooth FM transmitter car kit first and then move on to our best aux in Bluetooth car kit reviews. While FM transmitter models are easier to integrate on older cars, aux in models tend to have a more reliable connection.
Last update on 2019-10-21 PST - Details
Shopping Guide For Best Bluetooth Car Kits
1. VicTsing Bluetooth FM Transmitter - Best Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car Kit
Last update on 2019-10-21 PST - Details
If you need the best car Bluetooth kit on the market and you want value for money above all else out of your product, then few models can hope to match this product from VicTsing. This is one of the more popular Bluetooth adapters for cars around, and it is easy to see why when you look at the features.
For example, this model has auto-pair functionality which means that you don’t have to go through the tedious process of pairing your device every time you get into your car. In addition to being convenient when it interacts with your phone, this product is also very easy to mount anywhere thanks to the flexible neck.
The 1.44-inch screen isn’t the largest that we’ve seen on one of these products, but it is more than large enough to provide you with all of the info that you need at a glance. The display can show you the song title and artist, the remaining battery life and even alert you to calls.
Overall, this is an excellent choice of Bluetooth connector, and the price point makes it much more attractive than many other options. Since this product retails for around $29.99 (depending on the color), you won't have to pay much to add Bluetooth functionality to your vehicle.
2. Sumind Bluetooth FM Transmitter
- Intelligent and fast charging: input 12-24 V; Output 2 USB ports: smart 2.4 A charge port which can intelligently identify android or iPhone devices and QC3.0 fast charge port
- Special design: large key for easy operation; 1.7 Inch large LCD backlight display song name/ incoming phone number and shows your car's battery level when car start; Can rotate the LCD display screen in 270-degree gooseneck for optimal viewing comfort; Turn off the FM transmitter: long pressing the next song key for 5 seconds, it will turn off the FM and functions keep charging function
- Broad compatibility: this radio adapter works with compatible devices, like iPhone, iPad, iPod, tablet, smartphones or MP3 player, you can transfer music in those devices to car audio via 3.5 mm audio cable; Support TF/ Micro SD card in FAT format up to 32G; Support A2DP; Support MP3/ WMA format; Also support AUX output
- High clear sound and call quality: adopted advanced interference and noise cancellation technology - CVC technology creates full duplex sound and suppresses noise and wind; Built-in microphone feature supports hands-free talking reduce interference
- Features v4.2 and EDR: compared to earlier or older versions likeV2.0, V 2.1, or V3.0, V4.2 consumes much less energy and lasts much longer; EDR(Enhanced Data Rate), which ensures a faster data transmission rate and much more stable connection between a device and the audio receiver
Last update on 2019-10-21 PST - Details
If you're in the market for the best aftermarket Bluetooth car kit and you're willing to spend a little bit more money, this model from Sumind should be perfect for you. While this product may be slightly pricier than our winner, it offers a bit more versatility that may make it more appealing for some.
For example, instead of a 1.44-inch screen, this model is equipped with one that is 1.7 inches in size. While this may not seem like much of a difference, you will be able to see the screen on this Bluetooth device from nearly any seat in your car, allowing rear passengers to keep an eye on it if needed.
The inclusion of a gooseneck attachment point means that you will be able to mount this device wherever you please without having to worry about whether or not it will be visible. This model is also equipped with a pair of USB ports, one of which is meant for charging while the other is a smart port.
Keep in mind that this Bluetooth to FM device is also surprisingly durable when you compare it to models available at a similar price point. For around $24.99, you’ll get a Bluetooth kit that is reliable enough to last for as long as you need.
3. WPWPOO Wireless Bluetooth Car Transmitter
- Bluetooth FM Transmitter: with stable FM signal, anti-jamming design, can enhanced sound experience and noise suppression (CVC) technology, offer your hands-free talking and wonderful music.
- Wider Ranger: Full FM radio frequency range from 87.5 to 108.0MHz is wider than what ordinary transmitters are of (88.1~107.9 MHz), which means you will get a frequency without interference more easily and do not have to keep re-tuning it.
- Hand Free Call - Built-in microphone to automatically switch from music playing to hands-free mode when answering a phone call. With just one click, you can hang up while answering a call.
- LED Display and Dual USB Charger: Detects and displays the voltage of the car battery on power-up. Dual USB ports supporting dual output 3.4A charge both devices at the same time. The built-in smart charging IC automatically detects your device and charges at the optimum speed (Note: the USB port music icon works as a charger and a flash drive).
- USB Flash Player: Insert a USB flash drive containing MP3 files into the "RIGHT" USB port and then automatically send and play MP3 files (up to 32GB). Warranty: 60 day refund and have a warranty for 12 months.
Last update on 2019-05-25 PST - Details
When searching for the best Bluetooth handsfree car kit FM transmitter, it helps to have a range of options available, and that’s why we’ll also take a look at this alternative from WPWPOO. While this option may be less attractive than some of the other choices, its sleek design makes it stand out.
Unlike the other devices, this model doesn't feature an LCD screen, instead coming equipped with a minimalist LED system. Although the display on this product is more minimal, it still provides all of the info that you need at a glance, and it consumes less battery power than the screens on other models.
As with most Bluetooth car kits, this product features two USB ports, one of which is optimized for use with USB drives for your music and the other of which is a fast-charge port. One of the more noticeable differences between this and other products is the broader range of possible frequencies.
Having more frequencies to choose from lessens the possibility of encountering interference that will force you to adjust your radio frequency to keep listening to music. Last but not least, this product is more affordable than many other choices, coming in at only around Price not available.
4. TaoTronics Bluetooth Car Kit - Best Aux In Bluetooth Car Kit
- Safe Phone Calls while Driving: Make hands-free phone calls that are clearer and better with cVc 6.0 noise cancellation and enjoy music with less static thanks to advanced technology(Note: this car kit is only used in cars with an AUX input.)
- Universal Car with Aux Port Compatibility: With the dual mounting option you can fixate the receiver via the magnetic base that is mountable with 3M adhesive tape or the integrated air vent clip
- Double Connectivity for Twice the Freedom: Connect up to two Bluetooth compatible devices with the receiver and enjoy music or answer phone calls from either devices
- Straightforward Controls: We doubled up your safety while driving with the extremely user-friendly controls that are backlit and clearly separated from each other
- Complete Car Kit: The free dual USB car charger (5V 2.1A) can take care of up to two power hungry devices and charge them simultaneously while you are driving
Last update on 2019-10-21 PST - Details
Up next in our search for the best Bluetooth car kit for iPhone, we'll be taking a look at this model from a reputable manufacturer of assorted electronics; TaoTronics. Thankfully, this product stands up to their reputation for reliable products, and it features an intuitive design that is both aesthetic and user-friendly.
The quality of this product becomes evident before you even start using it, as you’ll notice that it comes equipped with two different options for mounting. It is recommended that you use the magnetic base for added versatility, but the standard vent clip allows for use in cars with no suitable spots for the former.
The controls on this device are as far apart from each other as they can be to ensure that you don't accidentally press the wrong button and they are also backlit for nighttime use. Overall, this is a product that is very user-friendly, and it is much easier to get used to than many other choices.
We would argue that this is the best add on Bluetooth car kit for those that prefer an aux in design, and this model is more affordable than you may be expecting. You can typically find this product available for around $23.99, which is better value for money than you’ll get out of many other models.
5. Mpow Bluetooth Receiver
- MPOW BLUETOOTH 4. 1 RECEIVER: Built with Bluetooth 4. 1/HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP to smart yor life that you can enjoy music and hands-free calling from your smartphone in premium-quality sound. Up to 33ft connection range s low signal delay.
- DOUBLE LINKS & WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Mpow Portable Bluetooth Receiver can connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time.And it also could compatible with most smartphones and Bluetooth electronics, ideal for home or vehicle audio systems and wired headphone
- AUTOMATICALLY RECONNECT: Just turn on the Bluetooth of your cell phone first, and then turn on the Bluetooth receiver, the Mpow Bluetooth Receiver can be automatically paired.
- EXTRA-LONG BUILT-IN BATTERY: Provides up to 10 HOURS playing time and only need 1. 5 HOURS to charge it fully. (NOTE: Please charging Mpow with the equipped charging cable and do not charge for a long time. )
- NOTE: 1.Please be sure the charging input voltage to the Mpow do not over 5V and do not use fast charger for the consideration of safety and the serve life of product; 2.If you want to connect to your TV by pairing the device with your headset, please sear
Last update on 2019-10-21 PST - Details
Last but not least in our search for the best Bluetooth car kit, we’ll be going over this product from Mpow. While it may not look like much when compared to the other models on this list, simplicity is the core design element of this product, and it works better than you would expect it to.
While there aren’t many buttons, the intelligent use of a multifunction button and an intuitive design means that it is easy to get the hang of using this product. The inclusion of a signal range of 33 feet also means that you won’t have to deal with sudden connection issues because you moved a little.
This product features a battery life of over 10 hours, and you will only have to recharge it for around a tenth of that duration. These battery specifications mean that you can use this in your car during the day and bring it inside so that you can recharge it as you sleep during the night.
Since it is so simple, this product is a lot more affordable than the other models that you may come across, but it is still built very reliably. You can find one of these for around $14.99 from various online retailers like Amazon.
What Features To Look Out For
Version Of Bluetooth
The first feature that you’ll want to consider when searching for the best Bluetooth car kit is the firmware that the adapter is running. There are many different versions of Bluetooth, including 2.0, 3.0, 4.2, and more. Of course, as the number rises, so does the generation and the level of sophistication.
Newer versions of Bluetooth will be more reliable when it comes to connectivity, they will drain less battery from the devices they are connected to, and they will determine compatibility. Depending on the version you have, older devices may have problems connecting to newer Bluetooth firmware.
Almost all of the time, a newer version of Bluetooth is advantageous in every possible way, so this is one of the first things you will want to look for when deciding on the product that is right for you. After all, Bluetooth functionality is the very reason that you’re buying a car kit for it in the first place.
How It Connects To Your Car’s Stereo System
Of course, one of the main reasons that drivers enjoy having access to Bluetooth in their cars is because it allows them to play music from their phone wirelessly. The convenience of being able to play your own music means that you can start your day off on a good note and you can avoid radio commercials.
As with any other audio device, you will need a way to connect your Bluetooth receiver to your car’s stereo, and this can be accomplished in a few different ways. Since every car is different, the best Bluetooth adapters will feature a variety of methods that you can use to establish a connection.
One of the methods is through FM radio signals, and it is quite ingenious when you think about it. The Bluetooth device is equipped with a small radio transmitter, and this converts the music that it is receiving over the Bluetooth signal into radio waves at a frequency that is not used by radio stations.
Using this method, you can essentially create a mini radio station playing the music from your phone that is picked up by your car’s radio antenna.
Another common technique that is more reliable is the use of a 3.5 mm audio jack, though the issue with this method is that this feature does not come equipped on many older cars. Since portable music players weren’t as ubiquitous in vehicles as they are today, the lack of this feature in older vehicles makes sense.
How Long Does The Battery Last?
Since many of these products are powered by batteries, you will also have to consider the battery life of the product that you will be purchasing. Ideally, your Bluetooth device should be able to operate for a week before it needs to be recharged, though the best models will feature an even longer battery life.
Of course, there are also models that will plug directly into your vehicle and draw energy from it so that you won’t have to deal with constantly recharging your Bluetooth adapter. Many models that are equipped with batteries will also be able to recharge directly using power from your vehicle.
The duration that your battery will last will also be directly linked to the version of Bluetooth that it uses, as older ones will tend to be less efficient than the more modern iterations of the software. If you are looking to maximize the length of time that your battery will last, opt for the newest models around.
How It Connects To Your Car’s Battery
Of course, not every model of Bluetooth adapter is powered by a battery, and the ones that draw power from your car's engine or the battery will need a way to connect in the first place. Many models will come equipped with an attachment that allows them to connect to a car's lighter socket.
As smoking has died out over time, you will find that many lighter sockets in newer cars are omitted or changed. Your vehicle may not feature what is referred to as a lighter socket, but instead a 12-volt power outlet, which is essentially the same thing with a different name.
Keep in mind that there are also cars that come equipped with one or two power outlets that resemble the ones that you would find in your home. Some modern luxury vehicles will come equipped with a 110-volt outlet, and a Bluetooth device may also feature a plug that can connect to one.
Does It Support USB, MicroSD, Or AuxIn?
One crucial feature that you will want in your Bluetooth connector is the ability to connect a storage device and play your music from it directly. Not having to use the Bluetooth to play music from your phone means that you will be able to conserve the battery life of both your mobile device and the Bluetooth kit.
The way that you get your music onto the Bluetooth device is what this section covers. Many devices will be able to connect to at least one of the three methods that we’ll go over.
USB drives and MicroSD cards perform a similar task, but they do it in different ways. While the former connects through USB and uses the NTFS system, the latter often makes use of the FAT32 file storage system and connects using the SD port.
Finally, there is also the AuxIn method, which is a little simpler than the other options. AuxIn is as simple as connecting a 3.5 mm aux cord to your Bluetooth device from your phone, tablet, or any other device capable of playing media.
How Easy Is It To Install In Your Car?
When looking for the best Bluetooth car kit, you’re going to want to make sure that it is relatively easy to implement in the first place.
If your device is over complicated, it is likely that you won’t go through the trouble of installing it in the first place. Nobody wants to purchase a product that is more trouble than it’s worth.
We hope that our buying guide on finding the best Bluetooth car kit has helped you out. We have tried to provide the widest range of products possible so that all of our readers may be satisfied. Feel free to leave us a comment down below!