The best chair for lower back and hip pain at home is a chair that has adjustable features that allow you to fine-tune a best fit for your individual body type.
Chair with adjustable lumbar support provide stability and comfort to the areas of your back that are most likely to ache. For hip pain, you should find a chair that offers plenty of cushioning and/or has a seat specifically designed to help you maintain an upright sitting position.
Most modern desk chairs are designed with advanced ergonomic features, but not all of them have what you need to reduce back and hip pain. In this guide, we compare chairs that are intentionally designed to address these problems that office workers so often face.
Top 3 Best Chair for Lower Back On The Market
Last update on 2021-10-19 PST - Details
1. The Overall Best Chair for Back Pain: The Bilkoh Ergonomic Office Chair
The Bilkoh chair is our top pick. It is one of the most comfortable chairs to get to mitigate hip or lower-back pain. This chair comes with an extra-wide adjustable headrest that can tilt back 36 degrees. The 3D armrests can move forward and back or up and down, helping you find a position that best reduces shoulder tension. Likewise, to find the most comfortable position that meets your needs, it provides adjustable lumbar support and adjustable height.
We love the mesh design of this chair. It stays nice and cool and the special curved design of the seat helps reduce hip pain.
- Weight – 44.7 Pounds
- Weight limit – 300 Pounds
- Color – Black
- Dimensions – 26.37 x 26.37 x 43.7 inches
- Mainmaterials – Mesh material and alloy steel frame
- Armrests – 3D armrests move 1.9 inches horizontally, 2.9 inches vertically, and have a 36-degree swivel
- Headrest – Extra-wide 17-inch headrest swivels 45 degrees
- Casters – Five-point PU wheels
- Adjustability – Removable lumbar pillow, adjustable height, tilt, headrest, and 3D armrests
- Tilt / Recline – 90 – 120 degree tilt
2. The Runner-Up Chair for Back Problems: The Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
The ergonomic chair by Gabrylly is very popular because it offers so many adjustable features. It has a mesh seat and back that keeps you nice and cool. The curved backrest is reinforced with lumbar support, helping you maintain proper posture. We also love the flip-up arms and the adjustable headrest that can move up and down or flip 45 degrees backward.
The seat is nice and wide and you can choose to sit upright at a 90-degree angle or tilt back into a 120-degree position to rest or alleviate some pressure on your hip joint.
- Weight limit – 280 Pounds
- Color – Black or grey
- Dimensions – 25.6 x 22 x 45.3 inches
- Mainmaterials – Stretch mesh and plastic
- Armrests – Flip-up design
- Headrest – Adjusts up and down and can flip 45 degrees backward
- Casters – Five PU mute wheels
- Adjustability – Adjustable height, headrest, backrest, and flip-up armrests
- Height – 18.5 to 22.05 inches
- Seatsize – 20 x 19.3 inches
- Tilt / Recline – 90 or 120 degrees
3. The Budget-Friendly Chair: The Qoroos Mid Back Mesh Office Chair
If you’re shopping on a tight budget, then you should consider this chair by Qoroos. It is a very popular chair among those with chronic back pain, particularly because of its comfortable and high-resilience foam cushion. The low lumbar support reduces pain in your back and the 90-degree flip-up arms make it very easy to get in and out of the chair.
The chair is also nice and wide and the mesh fabric back will keep you cool and comfortable while you are spending many hours in front of your desk.
- Weight limit – 250 Pounds
- Color – Black
- Dimensions – 19.7 x 23.2 x 34.6 inches
- Mainmaterials – Nylon frame, mesh fabric, and high resilience foam cushion
- Armrests – Can flip 90 degrees upwards
- Headrest – None
- Casters – Five-point caster
- Adjustability – Rocking function, adjustable height, flip-up armrests
- Height – 16.5 – 20.5 inches
- Seatsize – 18.5 x 19.7 x 2.8 inches
- Backsize – 17.3 x 19.7 inches
- Tilt / Recline – Rocking function
The right chair will make a world of difference in how you feel and can also boost your overall health and your work productivity. We are quite sure that any of these chairs will help you overcome or reduce your back or neck pain.
If you’re also in the market for other chairs that are made of high-quality materials or that have superior designs, then you should have a look at some of our other guides. Our site is packed in handy reviews that are specifically developed to guide you toward the best chairs you can possibly own.