The Best Best Drone under 250 Grams in 2021
A lot of planning and designing goes into developing a drone. Manufacturers do their best to create lightweight drones. That’s because lighter devices are easier to transport, take off more readily, and they are a lot more energy-efficient so you can enjoy a longer flight time before switching over to your spare batteries.
Let’s be honest: one of the top reasons you might be tempted to invest in a light drone is to avoid having to register it with the FAA. Drones that weigh over 250 grams in the USA need to be registered or you can get into trouble when you fly them. Nobody wants a legal headache.
If you’re looking for a small and lightweight drone that you can easily take along on trips, fly for longer and without any restrictions, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we’re going to help you find the best drone under 250 grams.
Best Drone under 250 Grams
First up, it’s important to pay attention to the weight of the drone when you’re shopping. Heavier drones tend to have a shorter flight time because it takes a lot more battery power to keep them in the air. Larger drones that also offer a long flight duration are typically found at higher price points because a lot of advanced tech goes into keeping these drones as light as possible.
If you’re on the hunt for a consumer drone that will stay in the air for longer than 10 minutes, then you need to focus on something that weighs less than 250 grams.
We took some time to seek out lighter drones that fall within this weight category. Then we shortlisted the top 3 that offered the best features considering their streamlined size.
Here’s a quick look at our top picks.
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone with Smart Controller - With 64GB MicroSDXC Card||$2,200.00||Buy on Amazon|
|DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 20MP Camera 1" CMOS Sensor 4K H.265 Video...||$2,199.00 $2,099.00||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-08-01 PST - Details
1. The Overall Best – The Altair Aerial Dagger Drone
This excellent little device by Altair is our top pick because you don’t have to register it with the FAA and it takes high-quality 4K HD videos. The drone also has a quick flight speed of 32 miles per hour. Each battery delivers about 15 minutes of flight and you can get extra batteries to extend your flying time.
The aerial vehicle also features lots of flying modes to help you keep track of the little guy. It’s a great beginner drone to play with if you’re just starting out.
- Weight – 250 Grams
- Size – 11.69 x 10.43 x 5.51 Inches total package
- Color – Black
- Video capture resolution – 4K HD
- Max Speed – 32 Miles per hour
- Flying duration – 15 Minutes per battery
- Max range – 300 Meters
- Intelligent features – Smart Return, GPS, Flow Stabilization, and more
- Included – Drone, controller, USB charger, spare propellers, charger, battery, and a few other components
2. The Runner Up – The DJI Mavic Mini Drome Bundle
DJI is known for making high-quality drones that last longer and offer a smooth ride. Their Mavic Mini Drome doesn’t fall short of expectation.
This little drone weighs just under 250 grams, can take 2.7k HD videos or 12-megapixel photos, and you also get lots of batteries, accessories, and a storage bag when you buy this bundle. The mini drone doesn’t have a huge variety of intelligent features, but it’s ideal if you need something that you can fly anywhere or grab and go on adventures.
- Weight – 249 Grams
- Size – 10 x 12 x 8 Inches
- Color – White
- Media type – Micro SD
- Video capture resolution – 2.7K quad HD
- Stillshot resolution – 12 Megapixel
- Flying Duration – 30 Minutes
- Max range – 3 Miles
- Intelligent features – Flight Tutorial, Hover Mode, and a few others
- Included – Controller, Drone, 3x batteries, 3x pairs of propellers, 2x micro USB cables, screwdriver, screws, charging hub, carry bag, and 65GB SD card
3. The Best Lightweight Drone – The Droneeye 4DRC F4 Drone
Let’s start off by admitting that Droneeye’s option is a little bit overweight. It weighs 255 grams which means you will need to register it with the FAA if you fly it in the USA.
Despite that, it’s a terrific drone if you need something light and portable for backpacking or hiking expeditions.
This device can take 4K HD videos and easily handles a massive 128 GB SD card, so you can store a lot of data. One of the most appealing features of this drone is its exceptional flight duration. Each battery will give you up to 26 minutes of flying time and you get two batteries.
- Weight – 255 Grams
- Size – 13.3 x 9.5 x 2.3 Inches unfolded size
- Color – Grey
- Media type – TF card up to 128 GB
- Video capture resolution – 4K HD
- Flying Duration – 52 Minutes (26 minutes per battery)
- Max range – 3277 Feet / 1640 FPV range
- Intelligent features – Follow Me, Tap Fly, Point of Interest, GPS assist, Auto Return, Altitude Hold, and Gravity Control
- Included – Drone, Transmitter, 2x batteries, 2x propellers, USB charging cable, charging hub, and instructions
We hope that this guide helps you select the best drone under 250 grams (or a tiny bit above, if you’re going for Droneeye’s device).
If you’re on the market for the best FPV drone for beginners, the best drone for surveying, or the best drone under 500 dollars, then have a browse through some of our other guides.