The Best Drone Under 5000 Dollars in 2021
Drones have become a lot more popular since they first became available for commercial use in 2006. Today, you can find these tiny aircraft in all shapes, sizes, and designs and some of them are pretty darn affordable. Nevertheless, you do get what you pay for when you buy a cheap drone.
We’ll be straight with you: yes, you can get a beginner drone at a low price but the video quality, features, and transmission distance on these budget-friendly drones will be limited.
More high-end drones offer you so much more in terms of video recording, minutes of flight, intelligent flight modes, and other modern tech features. In most cases, they’re worth the splurge.
In this guide, we’re comparing professional drones and we aim to help you find the best drone under 5000 dollars.
The Best Drone Under 5000 Dollars
Professional filmmakers and aerial cinematographers usually need drones that have high-end features. It’s great that you can now get drones with these key features at a very reasonable price.
Here’s a quick breakdown ofvdrones that deliver the best flying experience at the best prices.
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone with Smart Controller - With 64GB MicroSDXC Card||$2,200.00||Buy on Amazon|
|DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 20MP Camera 1" CMOS Sensor 4K H.265 Video...||$2,199.00 $2,099.00||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-08-01 PST - Details
1. The Overall Best Drone Under 5000 Dollars – The Autel Robotics EVO 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter
This drone by Autel Robotics is a worthy investment for aerial filmmakers who want high-quality footage. The most outstanding features of this drone are its 6k video capture resolution and the impressive fact that you can keep flying it for up to 40 minutes at a time.
It also has a vast transmission range of up to 9 kilometers and the drone can handle a huge micro SD card of up to 265GB.
We also love the hard plastic storage case that keeps all of your equipment safe and sound.
- Weight – 14.25 pounds total package weight
- Size – 3.7 x 2.32 x 0.55 inches
- Color – Orange
- Media type – Up to 256 Micro SD (32GB included)
- Video capture resolution – 6K, 5.5K or 4K
- Still shot resolution – 20 MP
- Flight duration – 40 minutes flight / 35 minutes hovering
- Max height – 400 feet
- Transmission range – 9 kilometers
- Intelligent features – Obstacle avoidance, dynamic track, and other features
- Included – Drone, 3x batteries, 6 x propellers, remote controller, landing pad, 32GB SD card, hard plastic case, and other accessories for charging and assembly
2. The Runner Up Drone Under 5000 Dollars – The DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone with Smart Controller
This contender by DJI is our runner-up because it also takes great quality 4k videos, can handle up to 128GB sized micro SD cards, and you can keep flying it for 31 minutes on end. The 8km transmission range is also impressive.
Additionally, this drone is packed with lots of intelligent features that might help you create interesting and captivating aerial footage.
DJI quadcopters are often preferred over other brands because they offer a smoother flight plan that results in fewer vibrations on your videos. We just wish that this device came with a few spare batteries and a storage case.
- Weight – 2.01 pounds
- Size – 11.3 x 11.1 x 4.5 inches
- Color – Grey
- Media type – Up to 128GB Micro SD (8GB internal storage)
- Video capture resolution – 4K HD
- Still shot resolution – 20 megapixels
- Flight duration – 31 minutes
- Max speed – 44 miles per hour
- Transmission range – 8 kilometers
- Intelligent features – Obstacle sensing, hyper-lapse, Active Track, DJI goggle compatible, Dolly Zoom, live streaming, SkyTalk, and others
- Included – Drone, remote control with screen, 64GB sd card, propellers, USB cables, and other accessories
3. The Best Portable Drone Under 5000 Dollars – The DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 Drone Quadcopter
If you’re not into using your phone while piloting your drone, or if you’re on the market for a portable drone, then the DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the device for you.
This little guy can take 2K video footage, can keep flying for up to 30 minutes on end, and is fully recharged in just 58 minutes. The 8km transmission range is also great, but what’s truly outstanding is its remote controller that comes with a quality 5.5-inch screen and gives you an FPV flight experience.
The handy storage bag and the compact size of this drone is also perfect for jet-setters who are always on the go.
- Weight – 3 pounds
- Size – 1 foot diagonal size
- Color – White
- Media type – 32 Gb Micro SD
- Video capture resolution – 2K 1080 pixel videos
- Still shot resolution – 20 megapixel stills
- Charging time – 58 minutes
- Flight duration – 30 minutes
- Max speed – 45 mph
- Max flight distance – 11 miles
- Transmission range – 8 kilometers
- Intelligent features – TapFly, ActiveTrack, Draw mode, Gesture mode, flight path control, fixed altitude, and more
- Included – Remote controller with 5.5″LCD screen, battery, charger, power cable, 4 x propellers, gimbal clamp, SD card, USB cable, and carry case
These drones are all perfect for taking superior video footage or for mapping out terrain. If this is your first time flying a drone, then we highly recommend you view our other guide and get the best FPV drone for beginners. Drones can be pretty challenging to handle if you’re just getting started and the last thing you want is to damage your expensive equipment.
We also welcome you to have a look at some of our other guides where you can find the best drone under 250 grams, the best drone for surveying, or the best drone under 500 dollars.
Hopefully, this guide about the best drone under 5000 dollars helped you narrow down your options. If you enjoyed this review, give us a shout and tell us what you thought about our picks.