What Is The Best Invisible Dog Fence To Buy In 2020?
As a dog owner, you’re going to want to make sure they get plenty of exercise. If you’ve got a large enough yard, you may want to let them run around outside – which is great for them!
However, if you live in a neighborhood that requires a certain type of fencing that is outside of your price range, or you want extra reinforcement because your dog digs or jumps over the fence you have, you may search for the best invisible dog fence.
Top 5 Best Invisible Dog Fence On The Market
What is the Best Invisible Dog Fence? Keep reading to find out!
Last update on 2021-01-17 PST - Details
1. SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System - best invisible dog fence
- Easy-to-install containment kit includes everything needed to cover 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog; can be expanded to cover 100 acres with more wire and flags (sdf-wf)
- Waterproof collar takes standard 9-volt battery (included) that lasts 6-12 months; Fits dogs 10 pound And up
- Contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars (sdf-r)
- Collar gives Tone (beep) and vibration (Buzz) warning before moving to one of four static stimulation levels (you choose the best level for your dog)
- Transmitter features wire break alarm and built in Lightning Protector
Last update on 2021-01-17 PST - Details
When it comes to choosing the best electric fence for dogs, the SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System is capable of covering an acre of land with the provided 1000 feet of copper wiring. The powerful transmitter can cover up to 100 acres of land with the purchase of additional wiring. Some notable features:
You can mount the transmitter to any wall in your home with the two screws on the back of the unit. You can also adjust the width of the correction zone. You can allow your dog to go within a few inches of the zone, or keep them as far as 10 feet from the boundary.
The collar that comes with this system uses vibrations to alert your dog that they are getting to close to the boundary wire. The vibrations are great for elderly dogs who has a hearing problems and may not hear the initial warning beeping. The collars also feature a progressive correction system that will get stronger the longer your dog is in the correction zone.
When looking at what people had to say about the SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System, they had great things to say. Customers were impressed by how effective the containment system is.
They liked that system can cover a large piece of land and they also liked that they could adjust the distance at which the dog could get to the boundary wire. Some commented that they had several dogs and they appreciated that they could purchase additional collars to function on the same system.
There were some customers who were not happy with this product. These customers found that their particular system was not reliable and when it snowed, their dog was able to find a “hole” in the system.
Others said their unit would only function properly at the highest setting. Also, a few people said the collars that came with their system would issue sporadic corrections, even when the dog wasn’t even outdoors.
2. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence - Best In-Ground Dog Fence
- 1/3 ACRE COVERAGE: 500 ft of included wire lets you contain up to a 1/3-acre yard; purchase additional wire to contain up to 5-acres
- 4 LEVELS OF STATIC CORRECTION: 4 levels of adjustable static correction and a tone-only mode help keep your dog safe and secure inside their designated play area
- FITS MOST YARDS: This do-it-yourself weekend project lets you create an in-ground fence designed to fit your yard
- OVER CORRECTION PROTECTION: An automatic safety shut-off feature will keep your pet from receiving extended static correction if they remain in the correction zone for 30 seconds
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER COLLAR: The included lightweight, waterproof collar fits pets weighing 8 lb or more with neck sizes between 6-26 in
Last update on 2021-01-17 PST - Details
The PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence is your basic system that is going to give you the peace of mind that your dog is staying in the yard. This unit has the essential features that you would want in an in-ground electric fence system, such as run through prevention, safety time out, and anti-linger technology. Some notable features:
The system is capable of cover an area up to 5 acres and it can handle unlimited dogs, as long as they are wearing a PetSafe collar.
The collar that you get with this unit is suitable for dogs between 8 pounds all the way up to 125 pounds. The collar utilizes 4 levels of correction that will be activated when your dog is near the boundary. There is also a beep only mode for when your dog doesn’t need the static shock, but just a little reminder to get away from the boundary.
The over stimulation protection feature is going to turn the static correction off if it has been going for longer than 30 seconds. The anti-linger prevention function is going to give your pet a quick static shock should they be in the warning zone longer than 2 seconds.
When looking at what people had to say about the PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence, they had great things to say. Of these positive electric dog fence reviews, customers liked that they were able to purchase other PetSafe collars to use with this system.
This included collars for stubborn dogs who didn’t respond to the static signal provided with the collar that comes with the unit. Customers also liked that there was a safety feature that would turn the collar off if the static shock had been active for 30 seconds.
When looking at the critical invisible dog fence reviews for this product, the most common complaint people had was in regards to how difficult the system was to install.
Some stated that trying to splice wires together was difficult because these areas were prone to breakage and were susceptible to water damage. Others commented that their dogs found a blind spot when it snowed and they were able to escape the yard with ease.
3. Funace Underground Wired Pet Containment System - best dog fence system
- 100% WATERPROOF - If youve been looking for a true waterproof collar receiver, then your search is over! Thats because our product is rated IPX8 which means that our collars can immerse beyond 100 feet in water - Guaranteed
- RECHARGEABLE & ADJUSTABLE - Tired of replacing batteries unlessly? Our rechargeable collar is your solution - a full charge will last up to 7 days (collar will go into standby mode after 1 minute to further conserve battery and will be active when motion is detected). Never suffer from buying new batteries again! (3 Adjustable Levels: beep only, low shock, and high shock) *** If the collar doesn't shock, please adjust the mode. Default mode is beep only. ***
- MULTIPLE PETS - Have more than one dog that are different in size or temperament? Our system supports unlimited of dogs and each collar has 3 different modes: beep only, low shock and high shock. This will allow you to give the little pup a low shock, setup the big dog with high shock, and use beep only when they are fully trained - Like Pro Dog Owners Do!
- HIGH QUALITY WIRE - Unlike other electric pet fence which comes with a thin wire that gets tangled up easily or breaks quickly, our product features "burial grade" & "single stranded" 24 gauge copper wire made specifically for outdoor installation which means that it doesn't break easily. Which ultimately means that it will be a lot faster and easier to install ... It's Never Been Easier
Last update on 2021-01-18 PST - Details
The Funace Underground Wired Pet Containment System has been designed keep your pet inside your yard without the need of installing an expensive fence. The system comes with a detailed manual that outlines how to install the fence, how deep the wire should be buried, and even how you can attach the wire to an existing fence. Some notable features:
Having the ability to install this unit on top of an existing fence is a great option for those whose dogs jump over the fence the homeowner already has. If you’ve had another type of underground wired containment system, you can simply plug this transmitter in and it’ll work with the existing wiring.
This unit comes with one waterproof collar, but you do have the option of purchasing multiple collars if you have several dogs. The collar features a battery indicator, a power indicator, a charging port with a waterproof cover.
When you’ve fully charged the battery, you can expect the battery to stay charge up to 7 days, depending on how frequently the dog goes near the boundary. There is also a wire-break indicator on the transmitter that alerts you when the wire has been broken by an animal making tunnels and chews through the buried wiring.
When looking at what people had to say about the Funace Underground Wired Pet Containment System, they had great things to say. Customers appreciated how easy it was to install the fencing system and how effective it was at keeping their pets inside the designated area.
People found that with a bit of patience and training, they were able to stop using the collar all together because their dogs responded well to the training and wouldn’t go near the correction zone. Several people did comment that they had problems with their system, but when they contacted customer service, they were very pleased by the results.
Of the critical invisible fence reviews, people were disappointed by the inconsistency of the collars. People said that their collars only worked half the time. One mentioned that they were testing the collar and it would shock them even when they were standing in the middle of the safe area. They went on to say that when they were standing right on top of the wire, the collar didn’t do anything.
4. Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System - best electric dog fence
- ELECTRIC DOG FENCE w/500 ft of industrial grade SOLID COPPER CORE WIRE. Can expand up to 20 acres of land
- 7 DIFFERENT CORRECTION SETTINGS plus BUILT-IN SURGE PROTECTION - Tone + Vibration + Static
- WORKS IN FREEZING & BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES PLUS 100% WATERPROOF - WEATHERPROOF IPV7 RATED COLLARS Completely submergible up to 3ft – Snow, Rain and muddy puddles are no problem for this rugged collar.
- SUPPORTS UNLIMITED NUMBER OF COLLARS - Find additional collars here: https://www.amazon.com/Sit-Boo-Boo-Advance-Hidden-Fence/dp/B07MTSVC7G
- 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: We are confident you will be completely satisfied with our dog training and containment system. Should something go wrong know that we will have you covered.
Last update on 2021-01-17 PST - Details
The Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System is a containment system that is going to keep your pet in a given space. This is a fully customizable fence that you can use it based on your property size and shape – the wire can go a maximum range of 1.2 acres, the transmitter can reach a maximum of 5 meters. Some notable features:
With this in-ground electric dog fence, you can be assured that your dog will have plenty of space to run and play. This system is small enough to move it around, as well as disassemble with ease if need be. The transmitter for this device is designed to utilize the latest in radio wave technology.
The collar also features five adjustable levels of correction so you can choose the appropriate level for your dog. You can also purchase a separate add-on remote trainer which allows you to train more than one dog.
When looking at what people had to say about the Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System, they had great things to say. People liked how effective this system was. They liked that they were able to let their dog run around an unfenced in yard without needing to keep them tethered to one spot via a leash.
People liked that the collar stayed charged for a long while. Some customers commented that the unit was incredibly easy to install and use. They found that the combination of the correction collar, the flags, and proper training, their dogs stayed in the yard, even when left unattended.
Of the few critical reviews, some people were disappointed because their unit was not consistent with the range at which your pet could roam. They felt that the unit would not work in some spots. Others said that their system would go off for no reason, even if their pet wasn’t near the perimeter. One customer reported that even on the highest setting, the collar wouldn’t deliver a shock strong enough to stop the dog from crossing the “no-go” zone.
5. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System - Best Wireless Dog Fence
- 1/2 ACRE OF CIRCULAR COVERAGE: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the portable indoor transmitter
- NO WIRE TO BURY: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without the time or hassle of burying wires
- STATIC-FREE REENTRY: Unlike traditional in-ground fences, this wireless fence allows your pet to return home without being corrected if your pet passes the boundary
- SIMPLE SET-UP: Sets up in just a few hours; this portable system is terrific for camping and vacation homes
- WATERPROOF COLLAR: The waterproof collar comfortably fits dogs 8 pounds and up and adjusts to fit neck sizes 6-28 inches; compatible with all PetSafe Wireless Fence transmitters
Last update on 2021-01-17 PST - Details
The PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System is designed to be easy to use and quick to set up. The system eliminates the need to dig up your yard and bury a wire, and it is going to be much more affordable than installing a regular fence. The unit utilizes radio frequencies to connect with the collar. Some notable features:
The adjustable collar (it is suitable for dogs 8 pounds and up). You can choose between 5 settings on the collar between a mild static shock to a stronger shock. There is a 30 second shut off feature that prevents your dog from getting hurt if they are unable to get back in the “safe” zone.
To set up the system, you will want to plug it directly into the wall and set up it up somewhere in the home. The detection area can reach 90 feet in all directions, giving your pet plenty of space to roam around the yard.
If you like to go camping or spend a day at the park, you can take the transmitter along with you and it will keep your pet within a certain perimeter, allowing you to relax and enjoy the day.
When looking at what people had to say about the PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, they had great things to say. Customers liked that this wireless system was incredibly simple to set up.
They commented that it took a maximum of 10 minutes for the radio frequencies to be picked up by the transmitter. People appreciated the ability to adjust the frequency range up to 90 feet, giving their pups ample space to run and play.
Though there were many people who raved about the system, there were some who were not pleased with the way the unit functioned. Some people commented that the collars they had picked up dead spots, which allowed their dog to slip out of the containment area.
What Is The Best Invisible Dog Fence, A Wired Or Wireless System?
When you’re looking at the different dog fence reviews, you may be wondering which is better, a wireless fence or wired. With a wireless dog fence, you have the ability to take the receiver with you. If you go camping or travel a lot, the wireless dog fence is a great option because of its portability.
However, a wired dog fence is a good option if you have an oddly shaped yard and you need some flexibility. The wired fences can enclose your yard, but it can also enclose other areas of your yard, like gardens, flower beds, or the pool area.
What To Look For When Choosing The Best Electronic Dog Fence
When you’re trying to decide which electronic pet containment system is going to suit your needs, you will want to take these things into consideration:
As we mentioned above, the type of fence you choose is going to depend on your needs. Do you want to mark off certain areas within your yard that the dog cannot go? Do you go camping and you want to let your dog roam without needing a leash? These things are going to play a factor in the decision.
The size (or range) of the system is important because it is going to determine how much space your pets will have to run and play before they are on the receiving end of some corrective action via the collar. Measure your yard (or the space you want your dogs to stay in) and then choose which system is going to meet your needs.
Most collars will have adjustable levels of correction, but you want to make sure your collar has an over-correction protection feature. This will prevent serious harm coming to your dog if they do not back away from the boundary zone.
The system you choose should be clearly labeled as waterproof. The wire is going be buried under the ground and you want to make sure that when it rains or when the snow melts, the wire and the system are going to continue to function properly.
The kind of battery your system uses can be a make or break factor for some people. Some systems use a proprietary battery to which you can only get from that company – which can be quite expensive. Some collars are rechargeable and some can work off of a single 9-volt battery.
Choosing the best invisible dog fence is something you don’t want to take lightly. You want to find a system that is reliable, effective, and is simple to use. We like the SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System because customers haven’t had any bad experiences with the system, but you can also cover a large area (up to 100 acres if you have the wiring!).
However, if you are looking for a system that you can take with you when you travel or you don’t want a permanent electric dog fence, the PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System is an excellent option.
Leave us a comment below and tell us what kind of dog you have and what type of electronic dog fence works best for your needs!