What Is The Best Mountain Bike Under 300 in 2020?
With mountain biking quickly becoming a popular sport, more and more people are going ahead and trying it out. An exciting vehicle that’s great for both a hobby and an extreme sport, a mountain bike is a hot commodity on the market right now. Whether it’s a local track near your town or an exotic one like the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Vietnam, mountain biking is here to stay.
Due to the fast nature and nuances of the activity, buying this equipment can be quite expensive. But that doesn’t always have to be the case. Even if you’re working on a budget, you can easily get amazing mountain bikes for an inexpensive sum and be a part of the fun yourself!
Top 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under $300 On The Market
We have curated a list for you that would help you choose the best mountain bike under $300. Read on to know more.
1. Zlolia Adult Mountain Bike
This bike is beautiful in its simplicity. The bike uses a conventional six-spoke wheel that measures 26 inches and is also equipped with a 21-speed gear system. The wheels are made out of magnesium, which makes them light yet durable.
It’s also foldable, which is convenient for transportation. The bike frame is made out of high carbon steel, which makes it light without compromising on strength.
The braking system is manual, which is expected in this price range, but it comes with dual disc brakes with a quick release feature. This is especially important on tricky terrain. High-end suspensions on both sides ensure that your ride is not too bumpy.
2. HDGTSA Mountain Bike
The braking system on this bike uses manual disc braking on both wheels, which ensures that you have a firm footing on rough terrains. It comes with a 21-gear system which will greatly aid in traversing rugged terrain.
When it comes to looks, this bike comes in nine colors, giving you a lot of options to choose from.
3. Zlolia 26 Inch Adult Mountain Bike
This is easily our favorite looking bike in this price range. Available with 26-inch rims, this bike comes with bladed spokes for the best aerodynamic advantage. With a 21-speed gear system, this bike also gives you the added advantage of quick shifts with just your index finger and thumb.
The braking system user manual disc brakes, which is expected for bikes within this range. The bike is foldable as well, which makes it easy to transport.
The frame is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it lighter than steel, and immune to rust. This bike is available in four colors.
We get that it’s probably difficult to choose from the three best mountain bikes under $300. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to biking, so we have broken down the process of which bikes should be suitable for whom in this guide.
- Urban and off-road capable: if you’re looking for something that not only serves you well in the hills but is also a smart option for college or work, you can go with the HDGTSA Mountain Bike. It is a great choice for students and office workers, who want to use a bike throughout the week as a daily commute option, and on the weekends for adventure.
- Lightest and best looking: with bladed spokes that look great and give it a very sporty aesthetic, the Zlolia 26 Inch Adult Mountain Bike is for people looking for a good looking and lightweight bike. If you’re new to mountain biking, the looks of this bike will certainly get you more excited about the trails that await you.
- Most affordable (and simplest): with a simple design with six spokes and an affordable price tag, the Zlolia Adult Mountain Bike is perfect for people looking for mellow trails and are comfortable with their own pace.
For new bikers, mountain biking can seem like a daunting activity. But with these affordable bikes that also double up as daily commute vehicles, mountain biking is now just a few clicks away!
As an extra reminder, it’s extremely important to emphasize safety every time you ride your new bike. A helmet is paramount to your wellbeing and could save you from severe injury in the event of a fall or collision.
We hope this review helped you pick out the best fit for your needs. Happy biking!