Every once in a while, a technology gadget or device comes along that completely changes the way we live, and most often for the better. For the last couple of years, it’s been rare to see something as innovative as the Pico projector, but this nifty little device is finally being noticed and changing the game for our entertainment and office needs.
If you’ve been shopping around for the best Pico projector but keep coming up short or find yourself put off by the sheer amount of choice there is, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done the hard work for you to find the very best projectors currently on the market and show you exactly what they offer.
Finding the best Pico projector is simply a matter of understanding your needs first and then going from there. We’ve compiled a list of features that you might look for in one of these devices so you can match them to your needs, and eventually choose yourself the very best system that will transform the way you work and play.
Take the time to read through our handy buyer’s guide so you can better understand what makes a good Pico projector and why it’s important to get it right the first time. This is one of those truly innovative devices that will change the way you live your daily life, and you’ll wonder why you hadn’t invested in one sooner than today.
Best Pico Projector: Detailed Reviews 2019
Last update on 2019-03-20 PST - Details / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Our Picks For Best Pico Projector
As one of the latest and greatest tech gadgets we’ve seen in a while, it’s no wonder that companies everywhere are trying to make their own version of the Pico Projector. We’ve scoured the top Pico projector reviews you to find you our best picks, with one finally being crowned as the best Pico projector on the market.
Last update on 2019-03-20 PST - Details / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. AEHR Mini Pico Projector
When you’re looking for something compact and powerful to supply you with your projection needs, you won’t want to miss the AEHR Mini Pico Projector. This small device is capable of bringing you 100 lumens of brightness which makes it one of the brightest on the market for its tiny size, and with one of the lowest price tags, too.
This unique projector can stream from your phone directly onto the device so there’s no need for cords and plugs if you don’t want to use them. For all other uses, you can connect with a USB or HDMI, so it’s somewhat limited when compared to others, but should cover most users with these few options.
- NEW UPGRADE : AEHR mini projector just as small as an iPhone XS Max.Weigh about 0.58 lb,easy to carry.Android 7.1 system runs faster and supports USB same screen.Connect USB cable,Enter the unlock password in the pop-up window,Autocomplete the same screen.
- WITH THE SCREEN: The mini bluetooth projector perfect support multiple devices with the screen.U can use happycast and airplay with the screen function connect to iPhone and iPad. Use happycast and wifidisplay with the screen function connect to android
- WARRANTY: USE FBA Delivery.If Amazon sends you the product which is the second sale, you can contact us immediately for free replacement. To make the AEHR mini beam projectors better.We provide one year warranty service. If have any problems of this video projector, please contact us.
- FEATURES: The pico projectors with both off-axis effect and Keystone Correction. We choose to highlight H3S DLP,brighter, richer color, higher contrast(2000:1),mini dlp projector support 1080p. Use the mobile power to charge. Smart projector with the screen via hotspot
- MORE SCENES: Pico mini projector can use for home theater, business events, work conference, social, party, outdoor, etc. Can use the video mini projector to watch live, movies, play games, share happiness. Please try to use in dark scenes
Last update on 2019-03-20 PST - Details / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
One small drawback with this projector is that there’s no rechargeable battery that comes with it, so you’ll need to stay connected to a power source.
However, if you’re watching through your smartphone or tablet this can easily be used as a power source so you shouldn’t have too many problems. Perhaps newer models will come with a battery so it can be completely wireless, but for now, it isn’t too much of an inconvenience.
Another slight issue is the tripod that comes with it, as it appears to be made from a flimsy material and is not actually capable of handling the weight.
It’s best to invest in a better-made tripod so you can get the best viewing out of your projector, and thankfully this won’t cost a lot. The low price of the AEHR Pico Projector will make up for this though, as it’s one of the cheapest available.
If you’re looking for a super clear image that will work just as well at home and in the office, you can’t go wrong with the AEHR Pico Projector and its 120” of projection. With the capabilities to screen 1080p images, you’ll be fooled thinking that you’re enjoying a real-life cinematic experience when you enjoy your favorite media with this projector.
2. RIF6 Cube Projector
For a Pico Projector that truly has it all, you’ll want to take a look at the RIF6 Cube Pico Projector. Not only is this capable of screening crystal clear images, but it comes equipped with an inbuilt speaker, SD card reader, and internal battery. If you want a little more than usual from your tech gadgets, you’ll be impressed with everything else this one has to offer.
The RIF6 Cube Projector has been cased in aluminum to help protect it but some users found that this made it feel flimsy. Due to the small size of being only 2” cubed, it’s understandable that you might question the quality of such a device, but although it felt flimsy people were amazed at how well it worked and the vibrant images it projected.
- ULTRA PORTABLE PROJECTOR SCREEN - This 2-inch mini projector lightweight, portable and can be easily carried for a movie theater experience at home or outdoors. This pico pocket projector is equipped with a built-in rechargeable internal battery that lasts up to 90 minutes
- COMPATIBLE with HDMI DEVICES - This small handheld and wireless projector is designed with an HDMI cable port to mirror out your smart phone, computer, laptop, gaming console, or TV screens. It also comes with a built-in speaker and a headphone jack
- MULTIPLE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS - Unlike other digital cube projectors, ours is powered with a wide range of inputs where you can play high-resolution videos, movies, slideshows, music and office text files directly from a USB flash drive or micro SD card
- CLEAR FULL LED DISPLAY - Vibrant LED light projection with full 50 lumens lasts up to an incredible 20,000 hours and displays a video screen size of up to 120 inches. Whether on the bedroom wall at home, or office board room for business presentations, you're guaranteed an amazing experience
- COMPLETE with ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES - 2 x 2 x 1.9 inches mobile projector has a flexible mini tripod with bendable legs to help adjust projection angle and keeps your projector stand stable. It also comes with a remote control charger, USB and HDMI connectors
This is a great projector for the person who needs theirs for more than one use, so whether you use it for education, training, work presentations, movie watching, or gaming, you’ll find just as much happiness in any application. It comes with a handy little tripod that makes setup a breeze, so even those with limited tech skills won’t have a problem getting it started.
The LED lamp that comes with the RIF6 will last up to 20,000 hours, which means you could watch a full-length movie every day for over 20 years and it still wouldn’t run out.
This shows you just how serious this device is, and it shouldn’t be looked over just because of its small size or small price tag. The RIF 6 Cube Projector is a serious contender and one that will deliver some of the clearest images of these devices.
3. AAXA Pico Projector
AAXA is known for making quality projectors to suit all kinds of users and needs, and their standard Pico Projector is by far their best selling one.
This projector can give you a 1280x800 resolution, making it one of the clearest on the market and with the most vibrancy and boldness. If you’re looking for an experience as close to the cinema as you can get, this will be right up your alley.
The AAXA Pico Projector is a little more costly than others in this range, but it’s certainly worth the extra money if you’re looking for the best picture. With a massive 400 lumens on offer in its optical engine and 20,000 hours of use from the LED lamp, you can be positive that you’re investing a truly superior product no matter how you use it.
- NATIVE 1280x800 HD RESOLUTION - with 1080p Max Input, featuring Texas instruments DLP technology to achieve crisp and clear image.
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS IN ITS CLASS - 500 lumens optical engine with Vibrant Color Technology. 20,000 hours Premium LEDs ensure there is no need for lamp replacement
- ONBOARD MEDIA PLAYER - paired with Built-in Speaker to allow movie and image playback directly from microSD card or USB flash drive. WIDE RANGE OF INPUTS - HDMI, mini VGA, Composite A/V
- ULTRA PORTABLE SIZE, BATTERY INCLUDED - at just 5.9" x 3.9" x 1.6" in size and weighs only .97 lbs with a 60 Min Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
- PERFECT FOR BUSINESS AND HOME USE - with up to 120" projection (in low light conditions). Includes remote and mini tripod for easy setup and navigation
This projector is one that works just as good in all applications whether you want to do a presentation in the office or enjoy a night at home with a few good movies, so there’s no limit to how you can enjoy it. However, there have been a few reviews that claim it can be a little noisy to operate so if you’re using it in a quieter setting you may need to speak up so others can hear.
By far the best thing about this projector is how clear the image is, and it doesn’t matter how you use it either. The blacks and extremely bold and make it easy to read letters and number, and the colors and sharp and vibrant so you can enjoy movies just as they were intended.
Although it’s a little more expensive than other projectors, you certainly get what you’re paying for here. The AAXA Pico Projector is undoubtedly one of the best devices that this brand is known for and it makes sense that thousands of happy customers get so much use out of theirs no matter where they operate it.
4. NYXCAM Compatible with iPhone
For those looking to use their Pico Projector as their entertainment system, you’ll want to check out the original and innovative Pocket Pico. Rather than being just a projector, this works like a standalone entertainment device that comes with a bunch of built-in entertainment and office apps for you to enjoy.
This device has certainly been built with entertainment in mind, so much so that it’s probably best to keep it out of the office. With only 500 lumens which is somewhat less than others have to offer, the lights in an office setting might not help it work its best, so keeping it at home to enjoy is the smartest thing to do.
- ★Plug & Play★Connect HDMI to TV, and connect the USB to a power up to 5V(for iPhone)/10V or 12V (for iPad), then connect the lightning to your iPhone/iPad, click the Trust button and wait for 5 seconds.
- ★High-quality to 1080p HD★This Adapter mirror what is displayed on your iPhone/iPad, including videos, apps, presentations, websites, slide-shows,Microsoft Office to your big screen up to 1080p HD.
- ★Compatible with★Lightning to HDMI adapter support iPhone X/8/8 Plus, iPhone7/7Plus, 6s/6splus/6/6plus, 5/5c/5s/SE, iPad mini/iPad Air/iPad Pro, iPod Touch 5th/iPod touch 6th.
- ★Power needed★It need lightning cable and 5V/2a apple original power adapter to support it.
- ★Note: USB Charging cable★SHOULD be plugged before use.Not support Netflix / HBO GO / Xfinity Player / Amazon Prime / Hulu / Directv and other Paid Videos in App may NOT be Supported.
The Pocket Pico is loaded with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Polaris Office, and Google Drive, it’s Bluetooth enable, and it runs on an Android operating system. This device is not just a single Pico Projector but so much more, so it helps to think of it more like a tablet in itself that’s capable of doing so much more with your media.
This small device is capable of turning your media into a 120” projected screen so you’ll see all of your favorite movies and shoes larger than life. With an 854x480p resolution, you’ll love how your media looks with the Pocket Pico and it can be used for a movie night with friends, watching your favorite shows in bed, or as a way to take your gaming to the next level.
Just because the Pocket Pico runs on an Android operating system, it’s still compatible with all other types of devices. You can plug it in using HDMI or USB cables, connect with Bluetooth to any other system, or use your Xbox, PlayStation or laptop as the base for screening.
There are so many options with the Pocket Pico, and if you’re looking for something to improve your entertaining then this is the one for you.
5. AAXA Pico Micro Projector
If you’re wanting to get into the Pico Projector trend but just don’t have the money to spend, AAXA has the answer to all of your problems with their Micro Projector. This tiny device is capable of delivering a high definition resolution so you can enjoy movies, gaming, shows, and more from this very small system and at just a fraction of the cost of normal projectors.
The AAXA Pico Micro Projector works with 25 lumens which means you’ll need to ensure you’re using it in absolute darkness to get the best possible picture. Having this plugged into your other devices will give you a 60” projected screen so you can enjoy all of your media in a supersize and crystal clear version.
- Ultra Bright 25 Lumens, High Definition 720p (1280x720) Native Resolution (Max 1080p), Vibrant Color Technology with 15,000 hour LEDs
- Ultra-portable with 80 Minute Built-in Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery that can be charged via supplied micro USB cable.
- Built-in Speakers, 16:9 compatible, mini-HDMI, 3.5mm Aux Audio Out, Composite A/V connections, and Micro SD, USB readers for Media Playback (Accepts sizes up to 16GB)
- For Personal Media Sharing with friends and family, USB Plug 'n Play instant set up; Apple Mac and PC Compatible
- Up to 60 inch image (in low-light condition)
Although small, this has quite a few features worth mentioning so there’s no need to miss out just because you don’t have a lot to spend. The AAXA Pico Micro Projector comes with built-in speakers, Micro SD, USB, and mini HDMI cord capabilities, and is 16:9 compatible, making it the perfect little entertainment system.
This is a great choice for a Pico Projector if you’re not adept at technology because you only need to plug in and play for it to work, even giving you the ability to share media with friends and family. If you’re looking for a projector that can give you a bigger screen and make your favorite shows and movies more enjoyable, this is the best choice.
Although you won’t get the crystal clear vibrancy that more expensive projectors come with, it can still offer you quite a lot for the money and it’s packed full of smaller features that make it hard to ignore.
Why You Need To Choose Your Pico Projector Carefully
For many of us, choosing a new electronic device can be a daunting task. There are specs and features to read through that we don’t understand, a huge variance in prices and budgets, and hundreds of options out there all claiming to offer us the best service and quality.
When buying a Pico projector and spending at least a few hundred dollars, this isn’t a purchase that you should take lightly so you’ll want to do it right.
Choosing the best Pico projector means getting one that will enhance your life.
Whether you plan on using your projector for work and having something that can display the text of a business presentation clearly, or have an entertainment system that you can easily set up and enjoy at home with bright, vivid colors, you need to choose carefully to see that it can give you everything you need.
If you choose correctly, your Pico projector should last you for many years, so this isn’t really an area where you want to go cheap on unknown brands and those with poor reviews.
As a tech gadget that will get quite a lot of use in your life, both professionally and personally, finding the best Pico projector means investing a bit of money into a quality system and spending time reading through your options to find the best one.
The Features To Look For In A Pico Projector
People are often put off when they have to search for a new electric device like a Pico projector, and dealing with a pushy salesman at the electronics store doesn’t make it any easier. Here are a few features you might come across in your search for the best Pico projector and what each of them can mean for the end result.
A Pico projector is capable of connecting to a range of different devices and it does this with a variety of cords, plugs, and connections. Some examples of connectivity you might find with a Pico are USB, mini SD, HDMI, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and others, so make sure you choose one that matches your device.
Although the point of a Pico projector is to offer a handheld way to project media, there are varying degrees of smallness available.
Most of them weigh less than half a pound and are usually only a few inches long at most, so it depends on where you plan on using them.
Most Pico projectors will be measured in terms of lumens, and this refers to the brightness of the image. Depending on how you want to use your projector you may need more lumens than others, so have an idea of this first.
Those who are using theirs just at home and in a completely dark room will require fewer lumens compared to those giving presentations in an office where they may be a substantial amount of light present.
The resolution capabilities of a Pico projector will depend on a couple of things. Not only is it important that the projector itself has a good resolution, but the device that you’re screening from should also offer the same.
While there are some Pico projectors that are more basic and simply plug into another device and screen, others are more detailed. Some come with built-in apps for office and entertainment so you can use them just like a computer but with the added bonus of a larger projected screen.
Depending on how tech savvy you are, the set up process involved in a Pico projector will help you to narrow down your search. Some simply plug in via USB and play where other needs to be set up with a series of steps that allow you to get the best resolution and clearest image.
Pico projectors are primarily made to be portable, so look for one that offers you more than one choice for how you can power it up. Most devices come with a battery option that can be recharged and give you at least an hour of use, whereas others will need to stay plugged into laptops or phones in order to continue working.
Some Pico projectors come with accessories included that make it easier to view with them, and others require you to purchase additional equipment. Examples of included accessories are battery chargers, tripods and stands, and carry bags.
Although not essential for using the device, it can make the viewing experience easier and more enjoyable with the help of a few accessories.
The Final Verdict
The Pico projector is set to be the next big thing in home and office media, so if you haven’t already invested in one of these innovative devices then the time is now.
Never before has it been so easy to share media with friends and family or enjoy for yourself a bigger and bolder way to view your favorite movies and shows, and it’s all possible with just one tiny addition to your tech collection.
Just as smartphones, tablets, and laptops changed the way we viewed and shared media, so too will the Pico projector.
These simple devices allow us to do more than ever before and all it takes is one compact, handheld system that can plug easily into whatever we decide to use. They’re simple to operate, effective, and improve our favorite pastimes, so it’s no wonder that there are so many choices available today.
With so many great Pico projectors now on the market, it was hard to narrow down just a few that made it as our top picks.
After weighing up the features and what each of them could offer individually, we found that the RIF6 Cube Projector seemed to have more of what we need. As a close second, the AAXA Pico Projector was high quality and with a crystal clear projection, but it just missed out on taking the crown.
Whether you know it or not, owning a quality Pico projector like those that we reviewed can completely change the way you consume and share media.
Whether you’re looking for a more effective and efficient way to share presentations at work, or just want to expand your entertainment devices at home, a Pico projector is the best way to do it, provided you choose one of the better rated models.