What Is The Best Trekking Poles To Buy In 2020?
Sometimes all you need is a little support when hiking. That's why trekking poles are hugely popular among passionate and frequent hikers. As the name suggests, trekking poles offer help when you are trekking or climbing hills. You can also use the poles to mount your camera or setting up your tent.
All trekking poles look the same to an average consumer. However, these models come with different specifications, sizes, and capabilities.
The trekking poles can be foldable, telescopic or of different sizes. The most common materials may include aluminum or carbon fiber.
The most popular trekking poles are the ones that are easy to collapse and pack. Since hikers prefer portable gear; it is relatively common to note that the best-selling trekking poles are often light-weight and offer incredible portability. Lighter poles may be more expensive. However, they are great for people who don't want to exert too much pressure on their joints.
If you are an avid trekker and looking to buy the best available trekking poles for the money, we have formulated a detailed buying guide to help you choose the right product. We have also highlighted the critical factors to consider before buying the perfect model to take your trekking passion to the next level.
Let’s take a look at our recommendations.
Top 5 Best Trekking Poles On The Market
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
1. Foxelli Trekking Poles - Best Carbon Trekking Poles
- 100% CARBON FIBER: Foxelli Trekking Poles (also known as Nordic walking poles or hiking sticks) are made from 100% carbon fiber material, which is known for its incredible lightness. Each pole weighs only 7.6 oz, allowing you to move quicker and faster while exerting less energy. Carbon fiber is also shock-absorbent and significantly minimizes the impact on joints. Durable and sturdy, these walking sticks are designed to withstand even the most challenging hikes or backpacking trips.
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE: Thanks to the quick-lock technology, Foxelli collapsible hiking poles are incredibly easy to use and a breeze to adjust - locking them in place takes only a few seconds. The sturdy locks are designed to firmly keep the walking poles in place and prevent them from sliding down, offering you the ultimate stability. Retractable from 24” to 55”, they work for a wide range of different heights, including both short & tall MEN, WOMEN & even KIDS!
- PROVIDING THE ULTIMATE COMFORT: The anti-slip natural cork grips absorb sweat and moisture and will keep your hands cool and dry during those challenging long-distance hikes. The extra-padded, fully adjustable, breathable wrist straps make sure that you don’t accidentally drop your poles, and provide you with the maximum comfort throughout the day. The extended foam sleeves, made of soft EVA foam, will aid you during switchbacks and abrupt changes in terrain.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL CONDITIONS: From challenging ice mountain climbing to casual strolling around the neighborhood - our included heavy-duty accessories and tungsten carbide tips will not let you down, whatever the terrain or the season may be. Thermoplastic rubber tips & baskets strongly attach to the trekking sticks, so you can forget about losing them on snowy or muddy trails. A carrying case and a carrying clip are both included for easy, convenient storage and transportation.
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Don’t worry about missing Amazon’s 30-day return window. We offer a 120-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee with a 3-year warranty for any defects. If you’re not 100% satisfied - we’ll give you your money back. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
Our winner for the best carbon trekking poles is the unbeatable Foxelli Carbon Trekking Poles. Thanks to a high-quality carbon foam cork material, you get a durable and highly impressive product.
The handles provide the perfect grip for hikers to use the poles conveniently, in all seasons. If you are tired of using slippery poles; this is an ideal pair of poles for your sweaty palms.
Since a firm grip is one of the essential features trekkers look for in trekking poles; the Foxelli poles never disappoint with its incredible built. You get impressive stability and support to help you accomplish good footing during a long hike.
One of the best features of these trekking poles is that your whole family can use it since it is adjustable to suit all age groups. The poles can retract to an incredible range of 24 inches to 55 inches. That means the pair is ideal for tall people and adults. The ridges along the sleeve aid in customizing the pole to your desired length.
Another thing that users love about this product is that it offers a sturdy grip on all levels of perspiration. The model features EVA soft foam coating on the extended sleeve and all of its sides. The sleeves and locks on the ridges are great for collapsing or extending the poles to the desired length.
Customers love the Foxelli Trekking Poles because they are compact and the pair comes with a durable case that does not take up too much space in your luggage. It is a highly recommended product thanks to the durability, strength and customization features you get for this price.
2. Hiker Hunger Trekking Poles - best trekking poles under $100
- Built to last - Our poles are 100% Carbon Fiber and made to last! They are the strongest and lightest poles in the market. This new improved version makes these the most reliable and durable trekking poles you’ll want to take everywhere.
- Strong & Durable - Our hiking poles are strong and durable. From Backpacking, Climbing Ice Mountains or an Easy Urban Walk, Heavy Duty 4 Season Accessories and a Tungsten Carbide Tip Won’t Let You Down! Our poles sport a moisture-wicking ergonomic cork grip that conforms to the shape of your hand for maximum comfortability! The grip will fit like a glove! There is also a nonslip EVA Foam Grip extension under the cork grip for quick choke up on steep climbs!
- Collapsible- These poles are great for women, kids, and men because they are adjustable! Our poles can extend from 24” (60.9cm) all the way to 54”(137cm). The flip lock is secured with metal screws that won't loosen with use and don’t fall out.
- New improved carry bag with convenient accessory pocket - We've redesigned our carry bag to include a zipped pocket! The pocket can hold all your trekking pole accessories such as snow baskets, mud baskets, tips, and feet!
- 3 year warranty, risk-free purchase - We want you to be happy with your poles if there is an issue you have a 3 year manufacturer warranty!
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
Our proud runner-up is the Hiker Hunger poles that feel great in hand owing to it’s ergonomically design structure. The model has garnered positive reviews from both critics and users with its efficient cork grips that deliver ultimate comfort to the modern trekker.
That is one of the most popular products that also boast a textured foam grip below the cork handles; much more comfortable than other conventional trekking poles. The Hiker Hunger Trekking Poles serve as ideal accessories for all outdoor adventures including mountaineering, backpacking, climbing, hiking and snowshoeing.
The model is manufactured with the lightest and most durable poles available and is 100% carbon fiber. Easy adjustability allows the user to flick the lock open and set the desired length easily. Thanks to this simple mechanism you can conveniently flick the lock closed even while wearing gloves.
The carbon composite produces ultralight poles that decrease vibration to maintain your strength throughout varying temperatures. The durable and tungsten carbide tips with rubber tips add to the durability of this pair.
If you are searching for the best trekking poles to support your mountaineering or hiking adventure; the Hiker Hunger poles are great for year-round use. The product also includes a wide range of baskets that are suitable for different types of experiences.
3. Evocrest Trekking Poles - best lightweight trekking poles
- WHILST WITH OTHER TREKKING POLES you might experience disappointment due to their lack of resistance and durability, our 100% CARBON FIBER Trekking Poles will amaze you with their shock absorbing quality that helps diminish strains on joints and their long lasting strength. Get ready for safer, more comfortable hikes!
- YOU DESIRE TREKKING POLES that are light as a feather, but won't let you down even in the harshest trekking challenges? We meet your needs with our walking sticks that WEIGH ONLY 7.6 ounces (215g) each. Together they weigh less than a pound (430g) and come with a CARRYING CASE and ADDITIONAL TIPS INCLUDED for your best trekking experience, be it an easy Urban Walk or an Icy Mountain Climb!
- NO MORE BUYING DIFFERENT SETS OF TREKKING POLES for each family member. These poles have RETRACTABLE SHAFTS, from 24" to 54". The advanced QUICK LOCK mechanism keeps the shafts from collapsing unexpectedly, making them the perfect fit for adults and kids alike. More so, they can easily be carried in a backpack.
- WE PROMOTE EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY ABOVE ALL ELSE and as such, our poles have ergonomic, lightweight and moisture-wicking CORK HANDLE that retain grip even when wet, and nonslip EVA FOAM Grip extensions below the handles that help reduce pressure on the wrist during abrupt hikes.
- WE BELIEVE YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO USE YOUR 2-YEAR WARRANTY, but we're prepared to assist you in case our product doesn't meet your every need. We stand by not only our products, that we're made to last far beyond expectations but by our customer's utmost satisfaction!
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
The Evocrest hiking Poles are another great alternative to look for when choosing the best poles. Lightweight and durable, the model withstands all weather conditions and terrains.
With incredible shock absorbing capabilities, the carbon fiber hiking poles minimize the strain on a hiker's joints. If you are looking for one of the top trekking poles that can comfortably fit into your budget; this model from Evocrest offers the perfect solution.
Thanks to efficient carbon shafts, you get great support to feel energetic thereby improving your trekking experience. Since the poles are premium carbon fiber; there is no question about the durability of this model.
This light-weight model is engineered to take care of all vibrations, resulting in a less tiring hike. The weight of one walking is just over 7.5 ounces. That implies that the pair weighs just under a pound!
Users also get a handy carrying case with a few accessories along with a strap to enhance their hiking experience. Frequent hikers will love the pair’s cork handles that reduce significant physical effort to maximize the comfort level throughout long trekking sessions.
The model serves equally well in hot and rainy conditions thanks to its impressive rubber grip which is also beneficial in case you are trekking uphill. Now you don't have to take a break for re-adjusting the total height of the product.
The Evocrest Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles offer excellent support to all beginner and seasoned hikers to make the trekking experience memorable and comfortable. Thanks to its EVA foam grip (slip resistant), you don’t have to worry about stressing your wrists.
4. Montem Ultra Strong Trekking Poles - Best Aluminum Trekking Poles
- ✅【EASILY ADJUSTED】Adjustable quick locks allow you to QUICKLY & EASILY lengthen the poles from 24” to 53” in order to achieve the perfect height for your needs.
- ✅【FREE LIFETIME REPLACEMENT PROMISE】We at Montem promise to replace your poles for life. Shop the most trusted brand in trekking poles today!
- ✅【ULTRA STRONG & LIGHT 】Montem trekking poles weigh only 9.6 ounces per pole so you don’t feel weighed down - you’ve already got enough to carry, your poles are here to help you, not hinder. Crafted out of Aluminum 7075 - the same material used to build airplanes. Experience truly strong trekking poles. Lifetime Replacement Promise(!)
- ✅【COMPACT & TRAVEL READY】Our trekking poles pack up easily for storage in luggage, backpacks, and duffle bags. Montem hiking poles also come with easily storable rubber tip protectors, pole connectors, and mud baskets.
- ✅【NEW IMPROVED MODEL!】Strap up - Your trekking poles come with padded straps to ensure the most comfortable and ergonomic grip. Never worry about dropping your trekking poles again.
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
Our winner for this category is the unbeatable Ultra Strong Trekking Poles from Montem. The poles have been manufactured with excellent craftsmanship and expertise to deliver a durable product. The poles are designed using airplane construction grade aluminum; the product has all the right features trekkers seek to provide ultimate comfort and support.
Do not underestimate the efficiency of these poles due to its light-weight design. The durable and convenient Montem pair is one of the most lightweight models to have recently emerged.
Thanks, these efficient walking poles, even the toughest of trekking experiences become smooth. That is an ideal trekking accessory for all your outdoor and backpacking adventures.
Another great thing about the model is its magnificent design. Being extremely lightweight, you never feel weighed down. Each pole measures just 9.6 ounces.
With the same material as airplanes, you get a sturdy pair of trekking poles by investing money into this product.
The telescoping poles are ideal for mountaineering, hiking and snowshoeing. If you are looking for trekking poles with an aesthetical design, look no further. The Montem trekking poles come with a sleek design that is just according to the modern hiker's taste.
The aesthetic design of the poles together with the solid one-year warranty makes this product one of the aluminum trekking poles for the money.
5. Sterling Endurance Trekking Poles - best trekking poles
- FOLDABLE – Collapses to 13 ½ “ to fit in your backpack or your carry-on bag. When not in use, store the poles in the free included cloth storage bag. These compact poles are perfect to take on backpacking trips, snowshoeing expeditions and all of your vacation adventures. Our poles have been used on every continent, even Antarctica.
- BUILT TO LAST - Made of a special T6 alloy of 7075 aluminum. The T6 alloy combines a number of metals including zinc and magnesium that give it lightweight, extreme durability and strength comparable to some steels.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT - Our poles feature our Quick Flip Lock so you can adjust the height of the poles from 44" to 54" quickly and easily. These poles fit people from approximately 5' 4" up to 6' 4" tall. For those 5'3" or less, try SHORT PERSON'S TREKKING POLES by Sterling Endurance.
- ULTRA-LIGHT - Each pole only weighs 10.8 ounces for less fatigue and greater endurance! You will also love the comfortable extended EVA foam handle.
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST - Details
Although, there are many types of trekking poles available in the market featuring different specifications; not many replicate the same comfort you experience with the Sterling Endurance Trekking Poles.
The highlight of this product is that it is mainly beneficial for short people to give them a chance to take complete pleasure in outdoor adventures such as trekking.
That is why the product is the best trekking poles for short adventurers. Even if you are 5'3", you are guaranteed to enjoy a pleasurable trekking, backpacking or hiking adventure; thanks to this incredible model.
That is an excellent creation, built out of premium quality components. The Sterling Endurance trekking poles are known for the versatility and comfort they provide to people who are looking for an easily adjustable pair of trekking poles. You can quickly adjust it anywhere between 44 inches and 35 inches.
The foldable poles are incredibly lightweight. Owing to its incredibly portable design, you can easily carry these trekking poles or effortlessly fit them into your backpack. With an efficient EVA handle and a Quick flip lock, there is nothing that goes wrong when you are trekking with this meticulously crafted model.
Being short doesn't necessarily mean that an individual is underweight. The poles are manufactured out of sturdy aluminum 7075 alloys to deliver ultimate durability and comfort when subjected to any weight during a long hiking adventure.
The EVA foam handle adds to the resilience of this product and guarantees a brilliant performance over time. The poles also feature tough tungsten carbide tips to resist harsh weather conditions in any terrain. Buyers are delighted with the durability and ease of use of this product. If you are looking for the best trekking poles that are available at an affordable price tag; then order this model today
Features To Look For When Purchasing Trekking Poles
There are many types of trekking accessories that are helpful in relieving the pressure on your joints and wrist and offer incredible support to a passionate trekker. However, nothing benefits the most than a solid pair of trekking poles.
When you are planning to buy the best trekking poles for the money; it is crucial that you consider a few factors in a model.
A large number of trekking poles ensure secure adjustability capabilities so users can conveniently customize the length to enhance stability on several types of terrains. This range can be anywhere from 24 to 55 inches long. Ideally, trekkers want to shorten the poles when they are going uphill and lengthen the poles when going downhill.
However, a few trekkers don't like to adjust the poles. That is why there are many fixed-length poles available in the market that reasonably also light-weight. These models are perfect for outdoor adventures where you know you only need a certain length.
The pole shaft's material profoundly affects the overall weight of a pair. Make sure you don't choose more massive poles. Since ultralight poles have less swing weight, they deliver more benefits to a trekker such as less fatigue over the course of a long hike.
If you are investing in a light-weight model; it also means that you get a portable model that you can easily store in your gear. Many ultralight poles weigh less than 1 pound per pair.
Today's sturdy trekking poles offer robust internal springs to absorb a shock you are trekking downhill. The featured can also be turned off in most models when it is not needed. However, it is vital that you go for shock absorption features; especially if you have experienced a hip or ankle injury in the past.
Standard poles usually do not have a shock-absorbing feature. These are less expensive products. Although, the models do offer the same level of support and balance during trekking; there are not as beneficial as short-absorbing poles.
Particularly popular among fast hiker and ultra-runners; foldable trekking poles serve as tent-like poles. They are quick pack and deploy.
A few trekking poles have a camera mount that's incorporated just below the handle. That allows the trekker to use the pole like a monopod.
Several trekking poles feature efficient locking mechanisms for keeping the poles from slipping in length when in use. In non-adjustable pairs, the device locks and unlocks so a trekker can easily extend the polls to its full extent or collapse them.
In adjustable poles the locking mechanisms also allow the trekker to modify the length of the two or three interlocking sections. Trekkers can benefit from this adjustability to adjust the poles to their height and according to the terrain.
Different trekking poles may have any of these locking mechanisms.
Trekking Pole Shaft Materials
A shaft's arrangement plays a vital role in the pole's overall weight.
Aluminum is the more economical and durable choice. Each pair of such poles weighs between 18 to 22 ounces. This weight also depends on the pole's gauge that can range from 12mm to 16 mm. Although aluminum can bend under high stress, it rarely breaks.
Such poles are manufactured partially or entirely from carbon. These are more expensive but lighter options to ease your trekking experience. Each pair averages between 12 and 18 ounces. Not only they are great for minimizing vibration but may not deliver the same durability as aluminum models.
Since these trekking poles are vulnerable to splintering and breakage; you should choose aluminum models if you are hiking in rugged areas.
Trekking Pole Grips
Thanks to recent advancements in trekking poles, we are not witnessing a wide range of ergonomically designed grips that feature a 15-degree angle to rest the wrists in a comfortable position.
We come across many types of grip materials that have a substantial effect on how the poles feel in our hands. Here are a few favorite grip materials and their benefits.
Benefits Of Trekking Poles
Trekking poles are essential equipment for backpackers, trekkers, and hikers. The improve stability and provide support to the hikers. One of the most important benefits of trekking poles is that they also reliever your joints to ease your mountaineering experience.
Many people believe that using trekking poles result in a waste of your precious energy. In reality, these accessories allow you to allocate your energy usage to increase your endurance.
Just make sure you maintain a natural arm swing and walk naturally to make the most out of trekking poles. Keep the poles angled slightly behind you so you can quickly move forward.
Trekking Poles are sold in pairs and are adjustable in length. Many upgraded models feature internal springs to absorb the impact and shock of hiking.
Many trekking poles are specially manufactured and marketed for women, men or kids. However, the majority of trekking poles are considered unisex.
Being one of the best solutions for avid walkers and hikers; trekking poles are ideal for reducing strain and easing your trekking journey. To choose the best trekking poles; you must pay attention to the weight and build of a pair.
The top-rated trekking poles that we have reviewed in this buying guide are guaranteed to help trekkers of all ages to enjoy an adventurous journey. The best trekking poles offer durability, ease of use and utilize the best of materials for a non-slippery grip.
If you are looking to purchase a reliable model to fuel your trekking passion; make sure you pay attention to all the right factors before you invest your money into a product.