Water Purifier Under 500 Dollars: Top 3 Review
It’s tough to determine the level of contamination in community water or a private well. We rely on our water filter systems to safeguard us from any health hazards arising from drinking contaminated water.
However, most of us don’t have the time for research. That’s why we’re here: to help you decide which type and model best suits your requirements and your budget.
We bring you the best water purifier under $500, including both countertop and under-sink water filter systems.
Top 3 Best Water Purifier Under $500
Last update on 2021-08-01 PST - Details
1. Frizzlife Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
The Frizz Life Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System easily fits into your kitchen faucet and removes up to 99.99% of water contaminants, including fluoride, chlorine, limescale, chloramine, TDS, lead, and other heavy metals.
The most extraordinary feature of the RO filtration system is its alkaline and re-mineralization function. This advanced technique neutralizes water to make it alkaline and the re-mineralization procedure restores healthy minerals, such as calcium.
A standout feature of this model from Frizzlife is its sleek, compact, and space-preserving design. The filter has an impressive capacity of 500 gallons and a maximum flow rate of 0.4 GPM at 60 psi.
Its 2-in-2 composite filter design coupled with a 4-stage RO system effectively eliminates all kinds of particulates and toxins from tap water.
The filter can also be connected to a refrigerator by using an IMC-1 ice maker connection kit. The device is equipped with a monitor that sends real-time signals to check the system status. It indicates when to replace the filter cartridges and other critical issues. Is that genius, or what?
Moreover, changing the filter is a matter of twist and click. It’s easy to replace and the pack comes with a spanner wrench to get the job done. The brand is popular thanks to its performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Reverse Osmosis and Alkaline purification system
- Corded electric power source
- Filter capacity of 500 gallons
- Flow rate of 1893 liters per day
- Made of plastic
- Filter size: 14 x 5 x 18 inches
- Filter weighs 27 pounds
- 6 months life for the 1st and 3rd stages and two years for the RO membrane
- NSF/ANSI 42/53/58 standards
2. Big Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter
Berkey outperforms most other branded countertop water filter systems. It uses “elements” that purify water without any faucet and electric connection.
You won’t need any tools or plumbing services, either. The countertop water filter model can remove over two hundred types of contaminants, including 99% viruses and 99% pathogenic bacteria.
It also dramatically reduces protozoa, rust, silt, sediment inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, and toxic chemicals.
This impressive filter uses gravity to feed water from the top chamber that’s constructed with stainless steel through two “Black Berkey Purification Elements”.
These elements have extremely small pores that absorb all waterborne contaminants and then empty the superior-quality water into the bottom chamber.
Both the filter capacity and flow rate are decent considering the product is so lightweight. Though it may be a little expensive when compared to other RO systems, its longevity is worth the splurge.
- Black Berkey Purification Elements
- Filter capacity of 2.25 gallons
- Filter lasts up to 6000 gallons
- Flow rate of 162.72 liters per day
- Made of Stainless steel
- Filter size: 8.5 x 8.5 x 19.25 inches
- Filter weighs just 6.83 pounds
- 6-month and 2-year prorated warranty on elements
3. AlkaDrops Water Ionizer, Water Purifier Machine
This is a very user-friendly operational device designed by the AlkaDrops brand. Equipped with excellent intuitive controls, the water filter is highly durable.
It is constructed with titanium, ABS plastic, and carbon fibers. The machines use Japanese stainless steel that never rusts and can be bent in all directions. Also, the unique self-cleaning feature prevents any scaling in the device.
The filter ionizer has seven water settings (four alkaline, two acidic, and one non-ionized) and is rich in antioxidants. You have the option to drink water of different PH levels (3.5 to 10.5).
It efficiently removes any odor, unpleasant taste, VOCs, organic compounds, and other harmful bacteria from the water. With advanced filtration technology, the water ionizes over 6000 liters and can be used for a year or so.
The device installs within a matter of minutes and can also connect to any standard faucet. You can also mount it on the wall to save space in the kitchen.
- Alkaline purification
- Corded electric power source
- Filter capacity of 1585 gallons
- Flow rate of 2 liters per minute
- Filter life of 6 months
- Made of ABS, Titanium, Platinum Coating Plates, and Fiber Carbon Filter
- Filter size: 6.69 x 4.33 x 10.16 inches
- Filter weighs just 3.33 pounds
- One year warranty
Best Water Purifier Under 500 Dollars: Final Verdict
We hope the products we listed have eased your buying decision and you’ll now be able to pick the best water purifier under 500 dollars for your home needs.
- If you need a water purifier that’s lightweight and easy to carry, opt for AlkaDrops..
- AlkaDrops also shines in terms of maximum flow rate.
- For maximum filter capacity, Big Berkey is the one.